How to De-Skunk your Dog - 7/22/2017
So, our dogs seem to want to make friends with the black and white kitties, but oddly, they do not want to make friends with them. So, cut to me in my shower scrubbing our dog. We found this great formula and keep it around and handy.
- 1 quart (32 oz) 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (fresh, unopened bottles)
- ¼ cup Baking Soda
- 1 T. Dawn dish-washing liquid
- 1 oz (small bottle) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 gallon warm Water
Store pre-measured ingredients, except water, in bucket with washcloth.
DO NOT MIX IN ADVANCE, do it just-in-time, in a bucket:
- Put dog in shower or tub, do not let them rub up against anything cloth
- Mix the mixture
- Scrub dog with wash cloth but DO NOT LEAVE ON for more than a few minutes at a time
- RINSE very thoroughly, especially under legs, and around face, under tail, etc.
- Repeat if needed
- Rinse again, a lot
- Dry dog
Seriously, this works.
Blog ID: 2017 Blog_636363392930686602